GOOSENECK CUSHION BALL
The Shocker Hitch is a heavy duty unit, however it is imperative that any weight capacity ratings are not exceeded on either the gooseneck hitch receiver system that is mounted on your tow vehicle or the Shocker Hitch.
IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT THE HITCH BALL AND SHANK BE GREASED TO REDUCE WEAR AND IMPROVE SHOCKER ACTION.
- Remove your existing ball shank from the B&W 2 ½” square pocket tube. Make sure the pocket is clean and free of debris.
- Install optional spacer ring (1/8″ thick around outside diameter), when pocket ring is not flush with truck bed.
- Stack top plate (1/4″ thk) , rubber bump cushion (3/4″ thk), and larger bottom plate (1/4″ thk) on ball shank directly under machined flange.
- Apply light coat of grease to shank. Insert greased assembly into pocket on truck.
- Engage retaining pin using handle on driver side wheel opening.
- Grease trailer ball and hook up trailer. Make sure retaining pin is properly engage.
Some bedliners my require trimming around pocket to allow hitch to set down flush with truck bed.
Periodically grease shank and hitch ball.